It is the policy of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte to implement standards and procedures for the protection of minors participating in programs and activities that are occurring on its campus and for programs and activities that are under the control or direction of the University, regardless of location. By signing this contract, you are certifying that you will follow all policies related to minors, including but not limited the policies below.
- Non-Student Minor: A person under the age of eighteen (18) who is not enrolled or accepted for enrollment at the University. The term “Non-Student Minors” does not include students who are “dually enrolled” in University programs while also enrolled in primary or secondary schools, or students enrolled in an early college high school affiliated with the University.
- Non-Student Minors are generally permitted in University Facilities only as invitees, participants, or visitors to University-sponsored events, unless enrolled in a Program on campus. Non-Student Minors are generally not permitted in University Facilities without an authorized purpose or express permission, or unless they are accompanied by an Authorized Adult.
- All Non-Student Minors participating in a Program on campus are generally permitted supervised use of the University Facilities identified for that Program. The University reserves the right to restrict anyone, including Non-Student Minors, from certain areas or facilities or from utilizing specified equipment.
- A Program Organizer must be appointed for each Program involving Non-Student Minors, whether the Program is sponsored by the University or by an External Organization.
- The Program Organizer will be responsible for training employees and volunteers in, and adhering to, this Policy and any other rules or procedures applicable to the Program required by Risk Management, Safety & Security (RMSS).
- The Program Organizer is responsible for ensuring that criminal background checks for Authorized Adults are conducted in accordance with University Policy 101.23, Employment-Related Criminal Background Checks and Criminal Activity Reporting.
- For Programs sponsored by an External Organization or a recognized student organization, the Program Organizer must certify that all Authorized Adults affiliated with the Program have been subject to a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check within the previous twelve months. At a minimum, the criminal background check and sexual offender registry check must consist of a search conducted by a qualified background check service provider, and include a review of criminal court records of all counties of residence based on the Authorized Adult’s past seven (7) years of residential addresses.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times, including when walking in hallways or to and from the restroom.
- Click here to review the Minors on Campus Policy.
Center City does not allow childcare options on site.