In the Center Catering
Exclusive partner of UNC Charlotte Center City campus
The UNC Charlotte Center City campus is located in uptown Charlotte on 9th street. The building is LEED gold certifed and strives to make all operations sustainable. The In the Center catering team works with UNC Charlotte facilities to offer sustainable catering. In order to do this, all orders come with bamboo and compostable serveware. China is available for an additional charge.
The In the Center catering team has assembled a menu offering which can be presented in many different ways and event styles. From casual buffets and meeting snacks to elegant receptions and formal dinners, our wait staff and culinarians are here to make your event a success.
Contact: Ashley Black, Catering Manager, 704-687-0836
- All food & beverage served at CC must be purchased through the official University catering company, Chartwells Dining Services. No food or beverage may be brought into the event by or through any other source.
- Catering orders must be placed at least two weeks before the event date.
- CC Events Staff will connect each client with Chartwells. If necessary, a meeting will be arranged between Chartwells, the client and CC Events Staff to discuss food and beverage needs.
- Payment for catering: Chartwells will directly invoice client.
Alcohol Service Policies (University Policy 706)
- The service of alcohol on CC premises must comply with University Policy 706 as well as county and state laws governing alcoholic beverages.
- The client must complete, sign and submit an Acknowledgment of Responsibility Form along with a copy of their catering menu to the CC Events Staff at least two weeks prior to the event so that it can be submitted to the Executive Director for approval.
- No Alcoholic Beverage other than Beer of Unfortified Wine will be served or permitted at the event.
- No kegs are allowed in CC; only bottles and cans are permitted.
- All alcoholic beverages must be served by Chartwells Catering staff. Client must purchase, arrange delivery and pick up of alcohol. Chartwells does not provide, deliver or pick up alcohol.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be served for no more than 2 hours. When serving alcohol, food items and non-alcoholic beverages must be served proportionate to attendance.
- No person under the age of 21 years will be served or allowed to possess or consume alcoholic beverages at the event. Proof of age may be required for any person requesting an alcoholic beverage. All guests are required to have a valid I.D. at events where alcohol is served.
- No Sale of any alcoholic beverage is permitted. The NC ABC Board considers charging admission, requiring donations or selling tickets to be a sale.
- Attendance at the event is limited to those specifically invited and their guests accompanying them.
- All advertising of alcohol service for the event is prohibited.
- CC staff and/or catering staff reserve the right to deny alcohol service to anyone.
- Unused supplies of alcohol must be removed, by the client, from CC within 24 hours after the event.